Thursday, December 29, 2011

Home Alone


I hardly get to stay home with both kids by myself these days. AN goes to school so she's mostly at my mum's place after school ends.

Mr Liow is supposedly on leave today. He has taken the whole week off. Yeah! But he decided to go back to work today, just in case there's something that needed his attention. Mum had an appointment, so I decided to secretly keep both my kids with me. Didn't want to tell my parents because dad will surely bring me lunch and AN will likely remain at my parents' place with mum. They love me and want to lighten my load, but I really do love the load I'm carrying :)

I wanted to see if I could handle both kids on my own, so AN was allowed to skip a day of school because I am unlikely to be able to get much ready and finish feeding ER by 12.30pm (time to go fetch her).

By the grace of God, the day went by smooth! Lunch was prepared early, kids didn't hurt themselves while I was busy making lunch, both ate well (although AN started grumbling that she didn't like my cooking...). AN ended up finishing her lunch and asking for more....so much for "I like popo's porridge..mummy's porridge not nice..." (mum's porridge is sodium-free, like mine. At least I use stock! :p)

We did some drawing, practised AN's name in Chinese, played some games, learnt new words. It was fruitful and I enjoyed it although we were busy. AN was well behaved and cooperative! She's better behaved when she's with me, and only me (no one else in the same house, not even Mr Liow). She tries her luck when there's more than one person at home. And she was a great helper, helping me clear dishes, clean table, pack toys away and watch over ER.

Because she held ER very often today, he was encouraged to walk more (but he fell more too coz she held him at a wrong angle at times and he lost balance). He was also motivated to get to her and he walked a lot today. Very much more walking than any other days!

I enjoy being busy. I enjoy the kids. I love to watch them bond, squabble over toys and then start playing together, hug and fall over each other.

Love being a mum (despite the rantings at times)

No comments:

Post a Comment