Sunday, January 1, 2012

Ill manners

- Budged in with a question when everyone was engaged in conversations with each other

- Shouted out rudely to tell us off when she got no reply because no one heard her asking (because we were all engaged in something)

If it was AN, we would have disciplined her for:

(1) interrupting, because that would be rude

(2) throwing a hissy fit when she doesn't get her way, because that would be so...ill mannered.

But it was not AN. It was someone none of us could discipline. Don't bother guessing who that person is. Soon after, I went into the room to inform her that we were leaving and she ignored me. Sickening...

She's still scolding this new helper. They had sent away countless helpers. None of them pleased her, till the last and lousiest came and left. She, then, realised the first helper they had was good. This new one is as nice as the first, and she speaks Mandarin! language is no longer an issue! Still, not happy.

Not happy? Nevermind. She still enjoys scolding their helpers. Even WE get it from her because she doesn't know how to wait for her turn to ask a question. What's a maid to her?

Poor helper went to get umbrella as instructed by her but mam suddenly not happy. Mam asks her: "u bring umbrella for what? U are supposed to carry food. Don't expect me to carry for you." It looked as if it was going to rain by the way. Got umbrella as instructed also kena scolding. Going to rain but not allowed to bring along that umbrella. And 'she' keeps boasting about how well she treats her helper, unlike 'other people'.

-_____-"

I was to get a haircut this weekend. Mr Liow asked for help with the kids during the hours of my absence. I didn't mind postponing the haircut on Saturday because of a new year eve dinner with Mr Liow's sis.

'She' previously said she would help with the kids on Sunday since I would not be able to do it on Saturday, BUT her friend would be alone on Sunday. 'She' actually had the cheeks to tell me to get my hair done on Monday instead, because she feels compelled to keep her friend company.

Why must I work around the timing of HER friend? So ridiculous!

Many times, she asked me why I never attempted to bring my mum to Christ. I have never stopped praying for my parents but to her question, my answer will be: "because I do not attempt to run or dictate my mum and her life."

Just this evening, when she heard my mum was in temple, she rolled her eyes at me, as if disgusted by the fact that my mum was where she was. Even Mr Liow saw.

Hey, u want to run your daughter's life, your helper's life, your own life, it's none of my business. Who are you to tell me to get MY life moving at your convenience? Who are you to deduce that I'm not concerned about my parents' salvation? Who are you to show obviously visible disgust at my mum's beliefs?

So rude.

No comments:

Post a Comment