Tuesday, January 31, 2012

KS Mum


For the benefit of my non-Singaporean friends, KS is 'Kiasu' in short, and that is the fear of losing out. Somehow, Singaporeans have been tagged 'kiasu' since I-can't-remember-when.

And I have a KS mum. She suggested I get books for K2 kids so that AN can practise. And then P1 books for her next year. That's 1 level up  -_____-"

If I do that, I'm interfering with the educational system here and will do more harm than good. I might as well homeschool her if I want to teach her at a faster speed..

I think I agree with my neighbour when she says "to supplement, not overtake".

Education system here is already crazy. I bought some assessment books for AN before we came back and AN had finished one for preschool (4 year olds). She loves to write and write and can finish a book in a few hours if we don't stop her. I was about to give her the new one for 5 year olds when I realised the book has lots of alphabet writing to do. Those were N2 stuff.

I'll keep that for ER.

Need to get chinese assessment books for her to practise on.

Stress starts...soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment