Friday, January 13, 2012

Some help? *ranting post to release steam*


I love AN but she seems to only want to listen when I flare up. ONLY when I flare up.

We got up earlier than usual. I let her do some stencilling and pasting, things she enjoys doing. We were happily chatting about the activities, till it was time to prepare for school.

The moment I said to go into the room to wash up and change, she went back to lie down in the sofa, whine about feeling sleepy and such...and refuse to obey.

I went to hold her up but she refused to get up. Coaxing didn't work, so I threatened her that if she refuse to obey, I'll be angry.

She continued, till I walked away. Then she started her "I want mummy to come here." Why didn't she take my offer and everything would have been peaceful???

Hell broke loose. I'm no longer as patient and kind as I'd like to.

I'm the first to wakeup each day, last to sleep. Now I have to wake AN up for toileting. She gets up twice but I wouldn't be able to sleep because I am constantly worried she'll wet herself.

Dishes pile. Laundry basket fills up fast but no one will do anything about it. The floor gets dusty fast. Sticky too. Mails are not sorted. They are stacked up now. I find sweet wrapper on the,bed, more dirty clothes pile up in the room, unwashed cup in study room.

When I go settle some of these, Mr Liow helps me watch over the kids, by switching on the tv so that he can play on the Ipad in peace.

When I go put the kids to bed, he'll retreat into the room, to continue playing.

When the kids are finally sleeping and I go out to see if there are chores to clear before calling it a day, there will always be tonnes.

I was hoping that my hubby can help me do the dishes, or fold some clothes, or magic-clean the floor, or just something. One thing, anything. While I'm nursing ER and telling AN story, I was hoping for just one miracle to happen outside baby room. Just one thing less to do.

But each time, I see my hubby glued to that stupid tablet after the kids are finally asleep.

I wish he'll stay with us and be around to watch the kids fall asleep. Some QUALITY time with them. Not TV time, or Ipad time, or hurry-get-it-done-and-over-with time.

But he has all sorts of excuse not to be involved. "I'll probably fall asleep before they do.", "I'll snore and wake them up.", "I don't know how to tell stories.", "I'll do it tomorrow (but conveniently forget and hope no one remembers".

Even worse when MIL is here because he thinks I get help. More quality time for him and his Ipad.

What's left of me? I'm upset, because he has time to relax while I jump from one task to another. Whenever he remembers my existence, he'll suggest: "Do those things tomorrow la!"

How many tomorrows do I have? Every tomorrow starts with chores of the day and end with some that I can only do the next day.

Some days, I rot. I stop being busy. I try to relax. Then ER gets food prepared in haste, chores, clothes, rubbish continue to pile up, floor gets dirtier, furnitures get dustier, tables get messier.

What am I asking for with this post?

I am not superwoman. And "Dads for Life" Is NOT JUST A CAR DECAL!

2 comments:

  1. The decal thingy real funny.
    Some men will help in housework, most men don't. Think to prevent ur back from breaking, perhaps get a part timer to come in clean for u weekly? Mine also same, I suspected hes happy to bid baby goodnight so he can have his own time...but he never think about me not having anytime for my self at all! But mummy is greatest...u don't hear dad being greatest...so to hold up that title we just gotta LOON!
    Cheer up babe!
    Slowly do, if can finish then good, if cant, let them use paper cups n plates, use Liao throw. Don't need heart pain the money, cuz he's not helping Leh.... Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You make me feel better. Hehe. Thanks, muack! Frankly, he does help if I ask but when there's too much to ask, I feel as if I'm nagging at him like I'm his mum. I'm glad he read my post and is trying to help more now.

      Delete