Sunday, January 22, 2012

Happy New Year of the Dragon


Not celebrating the dragon.

Just that it's the year of the dragon in the lunar calender, one out of the 12 animals that represent each year (tiny piece of info for friends who are not familiar with the chinese culture much).

My mum was born in the year of the dragon 5 cycles ago. She's 60! I can still recall when she would always get comments that she looked like she was in her 30s when she was already past 40years old.

Every Lunar New Year, I wished I was still a kid. The excitement and joy dwindles with each year past. The best we can do is to help our kids to enjoy so that they can remember being excited during Chinese New Year like I remembered I used to be. Hehe.

Before the clock strikes 12, here's wishing all a very blessed new year ahead (also to friends who do not celebrate Chinese New Year)

:)

May everyone in the family (mine and yours) be healthy and cheerful

May enemies find other victims to torment (or better still, change to be better people)

May people who are kind to you be blessed a thousand, million-fold (like those of you who had been to me. Hehe)

May the leaders of our country be wise

May the people here find less fault with them, leaders.

May natural disaster spare human lives

May Singapore's weather turn cooler

May ER start to sleep through the night

May AN continue to enjoy schoolwork

May I be a kind, patient, wise, hardworking, resourceful and all knowing mum to my kids

And a listening, understanding, forbearing wife to Mr Liow.

I want to be so much that I am not. From the way I look at it, if perfection lies at the end of life, I'm so far from being good at least. I'll have a long life to live to be all of above.

I better work hard so that I do not have to live for too long.

Haha!

Gong Xi Fa Cai!

World peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment