Wednesday, January 25, 2012

"I May Not Be There"

Mr Liow's uncle's youngest son will be getting married on 17th November this year. He told Mr Liow's mum s early as NOW and joked: "Try not to plan your overseas vacation during this period ok?"

She bluntly replied him jokingly: "I have no plans yet, but if my friends want to go during this time, I'll still go but I'll not forget your cash gift."

Back at home, she brought it up for 'discussion'. She was not joking earlier when she said she will go on a holiday even though uncle had already extended a verbal invitation. In fact, she selfishly declared: "我不可能为了他不要去holiday" (I won't give up a holiday for him.)

The day after that 'discussion'

My brother's wedding dinner will be on 20 October this year. In the car, I reminded Mr Liow about it, together with his cousin's on 17th November (the one his mum wasn't about to keep herself available for).

She then, appeared concerned: "Same day...like that how?"

*inserts awkward silence*

I replied that 20th October and 17th November are NOT the same. I started thinking a lot about her question again. What did she mean by "then how?" If it's on the same day, priority goes to my brother of course. Was that a trick question? Moreover, she has no intention to reserve that day for the wedding. Don't tell me she wants to (again) STRONGLY ENCOURAGE us to represent her....

Wait long long. Wait very long also don't have.

But for HER malaysian relatives, we HAVE to be available. We have attended 3 weddings (she would keep reminding us, over and over, ensuring we do not have plans during that period) and she even wanted us to make ourselves free for just a baby bash, in KL. Mr Liow reminded her that the relatives didn't make their way out for our kids' bb bash too. Because it's just a bb bash and it's not necessary.

But it all depends on which of her relative too. For the well to do ones, we are STRONGLY ENCOURAGED to make our way there.

For the less educated ones, it's "不要管他".

We shall see if 5th aunt's son's wedding in the next few years is as 'important' as Cai Hui's.

No comments:

Post a Comment