Monday, January 30, 2012

Visitation Day 6


First stop was to The Yoongs' place. Had lots of bak kwa and ngoh hiang. Super yummy. I am hardly a meat person but these meat foods 'carnivor-ise' me.

ER hadn't been eating well, drooling, crankier then usual, unable to sleep peacefully at night, grinding and rubbing his gums. These seem to suggest new teeth.

It seems he would only eat bread, so I have him bread. He didn't want both the porridge and bee hoon soup I made for his dinner the day before and lunch today. Bread isn't enough, but better than no food. He wanted AN's Goldfish Snack but didn't chew like he always would finish them: fast.

But he was keen on the ngoh hiang and had a few bites. Not enough to make a meal but, again, better then nothing.

He had more noodles over than Peter and Fiona's place.

AN, on the other hand, couldn't stop eating. She wouldn't eat when asked to but couldn't stop once she started.

Enough of the eating (that's what Chinese New Year is about, besides the 'red packets').

We were at Pam's place and I got to carry Gladys. She's slightly over 1 month old and sooooo babyish! She looks like Joan after a while. At first glance, I thought she looks like Phillip.

I looked at Gladys, and then I looked at my darling boy, and then at my big girl. Time really flies....it was not that long ago when AN was this way in my arms. And didn't I just give birth to ER?? Why is she 5 this year and him already 16 months?

Gladys makes me want another baby. I never really enjoyed a baby as a first time mum but now, I can better see how babies are sooooo precious! If only they never grow up and remain babies forever..

Anyway, ER got jealous when he saw me cradling her. He wasn't in his usual happy mood as it is. Seeing mummy hugging a baby made it worse for him. Haha! He sometimes tries to squeeze AN out of my arms and AN is my firstborn, a sister he grew up knowing since his first day. What is a new baby to him? Hmm...

That's a sign that number 3 is out of the question, at least for now, if not for ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment