Monday, January 23, 2012

Updates


Hives

This is taking kind of long but yeah, I have recovered from my itchy skin that the handsome and young GP at the clinic just below the next block said resembles hives.

I was prescribed Prednisolone, a corticosteroid. I can't remember what sort of a corticosteroid AN got when she had her 'leopard spots' in March 2010 due to her allergic reaction to Amoxicilin. Prednisolone sounded rather familiar.

I'm supposed to finish the pills. At least I don't have to hide my previously diseased looking legs tomorrow.


Night Potty

AN had been accident free for a week now. We're down to 2 trips to the restroom: one at 1am and the other at 4am.

Previously, she didn't always pee at those 2 arranged trips and had wet herself in between. Now, she releases, so I can be sure she has an empty bladder til 3 hours later.

She's also conscious about drinking too much before sleep now. She hardly asks for milk unless she's really hungry or badly craving for it. That day I asked if she wanted milk before she slept, she replied that she shouldn't because she would have lots of pee if she had any. I could tell she would like to have some and made her half a cup anyway. She's such an angel sometimes but a challenge at others.

There weren't any accidents that night. Guess she's getting used to the night potty routine now.

Can't say it's a success till she's independent but for now, I'm pleased with the progress :)

2 comments:

  1. Try to up your vit c. When our immunity is down, we react to all kind of disturbance in the environment...n probably that's how u got the hives. Prednisolone suppressed your immunity so you will not react to the allergies...and so u started to recover...but usually after pred...heng suay thing is as ur immunity is still not up after the course, u may or may not react to MORE stuffs.
    Usually I try not to take steroids, unless really bad, else antihistamine will do a better job at least won't suppress our immunity. Do up ur C! Happy new yr!!
    http://www.prednisonesideeffects.org/taking-prednisone-a-steroid-with-both-pros-and-cons/ drs love to give Prednisolone because it's fast n effective, especially for hives..allergies...asthma...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read that about steroids before too. But this itch was a killer. Thanks for the Vit C reminder! I'm so going to keep my vits in check. Can't afford to be sick ah! Hehe.

      Delete