Saturday, January 28, 2012

My big baby

Each time I hug AN to sleep now, I'm reminded of those days in Tucson. I look at AN from the same angle I have always had since she was a baby. She's now 5 years old, technically not A baby anymore, but still my baby nonetheless.

I was putting moisturizer on her face after shower a while ago, before bedtime. Again, I could see the little baby face I used to moisturize daily, till she started wanting to do it herself. Today's one of those rare days when she wants me to help.

I could remember how her little face felt like, and I could feel the difference now. She asked me how different. Hmm... She now has a longer face, sharper chin and less flesh on her cheeks. That's how different.

I missed that little AN so much. Thank God I still have some remaining childlikeness in her to enjoy. She's growing up fast, the way she speaks, behaves and thinks.

And because she too, had interrupted naps last week during CNY, she wasn't too cooperative. But she would constantly ask for feedback: "Mummy, was I a good girl?"

I must have given a consistent answer because as I was processing in my mind how to reply, she asked: "A bit of tantrums here and there, mummy?"

Months ago, I'd ask her to throw away her tantrums because they are bad and she can do so well without them. She would always tell me "ok".

Then months later, she told me she would try.

Today, she told me: "Mummy, I can't throw the tantrums away. They are inside me. I can't take them out. I can't even touch them!"

That, in only a few months...
Adrielle, please slow down. I haven't had enough of you!



Best

No comments:

Post a Comment