Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Sick, everyone's sick


I had been looking forward to updating that the kids have recovered. They indeed have recovered relatively fast this time. AN probably coughed for 3days before the cough went away. ER, after throwing up on Saturday night, appeared better after Sunday.

AN still has runny nose but not for the whole day (how is that happening? Allergy?) And ER too. The phlegm and cough was gone. HURRAY!

But....

ER's mucus just turned thick and green this afternoon. I once read that greenish thick mucus indicate recovery but there were more reports suggesting an infection instead of a recovery. I'm confused but for the most recent bouts of their flu/cold, green and thick mucus DID NOT bring about recovery :(

I'm still hopeful this time will be special, in ER's favor.

AN.....she's now coughing in her sleep. She had been very conscious about her diet lately. She would ask for very simple meals and that was what she had been getting. She didn't take long to recover this time.

But if it's true what the old folks said, that snacking makes one sick, then I'm to be blamed for the new cough. I thought she was well, and allowed her to have popcorn on Monday during the movie even though she commented that she will snack on her honeystar bread because she had just recovered.

There's no way to protect the kids, besides watching their diet.

My mum is sick but still caring for AN. My dad too, but he's still bringing food to my place for me. MIL is sick when we met her on Monday. And Mr Liow is also down now.

I'm the only healthy being left in our entire family involved with the kids. Even the kids are showing signs of round 2 now.

Why are viruses so strong these days? I don't remember everyone falling sick at the same time, ever.

Lord, please make the kids stronger after all these attacks. I'm thankful the episode last week were much  milder than previous attacks. Please heal our parents too, and Mr Liow who's adjusting to the time difference (he's almost back to normal now) and nursing the new virus at the same time.

Please keep me healthy because I need to be healthy for all of us in the family.

Thank you for your mercy Lord, that we all recover from our sickness. Teach me not to be bitter but to be thankful instead because You love us.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment