Sunday, December 18, 2011

WE Are 7!

This day 7 years ago, we got married.














Sparks flew in 1997. He likes to remind me that I was the one who showed interest first. That is true. "Which girl doesn't like Yongjie?", like Miss Teo said when I told her I had a crush on the charming 'A' boys' captain.

What followed was a loooooong story and I think only ahgirl has the full picture because that was her bedtime story whenever she stayed over with me when she was very little. She got the latest updates.

Mr Liow and I broke off once, and had another cooling period of weeks. We are very different, thus the many conflicts. Only as years go by, I slowly grasp what "complimenting each other" means.

He may not agree with me sometimes, but he allows me to believe he does all the time. He tries his best at giving me surprises (like pretending he's stuck at office when he's already outside the home). I can often read his mind and it's fun to see the shocked look on his face when he asks: "How do you know?"

I like how we say the same things at the same time, feel the same emotions at the same time, and get so tired we fall asleep at the same time while the 2 monkeys are still packed with energy. I like how we can complete each other's sentences and how we can look at each other and communicate without a word being said.

I appreciate how he gives me the support to do things I like, trusts me as a wife and mother to our juniors. I appreciate his affirmation that I'm doing well with the kids whenever the kids do better than expected (whether behavioral, physically or academically). Never once had he blamed me when they behave under the weather. Instead, he points me to good days and encourages me. He helps me with things he notices I need help with, and more!

I like looking forward to finally some quiet moments to ourselves after the kids fall asleep. I like watching him clown around just to make me laugh.

I appreciate how he takes such good care of me whenever I fall sick, despite having to watch over our offsprings. I appreciate him attempting to do things with them, even if that was his first try (sit in with AN during music, handle ER for 4 hrs while I worked, attend PTM on my behalf). I like how he's protective over me and takes over when he feels the need to.

I like his assurances that I'm the prettiest mummy of two he's ever seen, even though I know he says that because he loves me. Hehe.

I appreciate him and am thankful for him. I lose faith sometimes but he doesn't let me stay doubtful for long.

Our biggest regret is having to let Baileys and Maen go. They were not only symbolic in our marriage, they were alsoour first kids. This year, we do not have them.

Dear, I enjoyed today with you. It was nothing fancy, just a regular Sunday. But I'm blessed because you are limited edition and you are mine. Thanks for always taking us into consideration whenever you plan for anything.

I loved you 14 years ago, I loved you when I said "I do", I love you still.

No comments:

Post a Comment