Thursday, August 4, 2011

It can only get better

Last night was bad. AN threw up on her bed once, and a second time after I changed her clothes, bedsheet and blanket. ER didn't really sleep too. He kept flipping around, getting up and crying but all while his eyes were shut. Right when AN woke up telling me she threw up, ER was still moving around sleeping. I had to wake Mr Liow to help me watch over the little one while I attended to the older one.

Soon after I washed her up and she had gone back to bed, she threw up again. I was frustrated because the previous batch of super stinky laundry was still waiting for me, now more. AN felt bad and kept apologizing for throwing up.

She was nauseous for a 3rd time and thank God we got to the toilet in time. By the time we were done, it was almost 6am. We decided to allow her to rest at home but Mr Liow had to go to work. Poor thing.

She threw up 2 more times this morning and was nauseous but seemed to have recovered after her nap.

ER is in a worse condition. He's coughing, and nose is runny. He's got plenty of phlegm and threw up during his nap. More washing to do....

With all these phlegm and mucous, he couldn't really sleep. I could feel a headache approaching as the little boy remained active and not ready for his nap this afternoon. AN was so sweet... She came to hug me when I laid my head down in frustration. She then suggested: "Mummy I'm not sleepy. I take care of Ethan. You sleep ok?"

I can't ask for a more sensible 4 year old, can I?

She made another suggestion, that I ask Mr Liow to stay home to help me so that I can rest. Told her I can still hold on and Mr Liow had important stuff happening at work. And having her around to help me was good enough. The only complain I have about her today is that she didn't eat, at all. No appetite I guess, but as I'm writing this now, she's finally feeling hungry after eating half a slice of bread for today. She asked for milk, and bread. Told her it's safer to have just bread and if she doesn't throw up tonight, she can have more food tomorrow.

My sweet girl really made it easier for me. I was cranky and little things she did got on my nerves, but she never once took it against me and ever so sweetly continued to offer help, and hugs when she can't be of help.

I loved how she patted me empathically this afternoon while I stared helplessly at ER who simply refused to lie down. She even assured me things will be ok and asked me to sleep.

When finally ER was ready to sleep, both AN and I knocked out soon after.

I love my Adrielle. And she loves me more than I deserve.

By the way, ER is feverish at 37.8°c now. I really pray he'll not be in discomfort beyond what he can bear, and that AN will sleep well tonight!

posted from Bloggeroid

1 comment: