Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Stomach Flu Part 2

It's just my suspicion but couple of days after my violent puking and diarrhea, Mr Liow had diarrhea too, like 5 times last Fri. He felt nauseous, took a Diamante and charcoal, then rested and got well the next day.

It's exactly a week today. And my mum just smsed me saying she's having diarrhea too since last evening. She's nauseous but hasn't thrown up. Her symptoms resembles Mr Liow's more. I'm afraid it's stomach flu! Pray she'll be fine.

The thing is, when I'm sick, I have Mr Liow. When he's sick, I can care for him. When mum falls sick, she's alone. My dad doesn't like to visit the doctor, not even when he almost fainted from throwing up once when I was young. And if mum needs a doctor for whatever reasons, he doesn't only refuse to accompany her, he'll try self diagnose her symptoms and ask her to medicate with whatever they have in their medicine cabinet. True, not everything needs medication, but dehydration needs treatment. Diarrhea and puking has to be stoped.

This time, dad himself is all weak from flu.

Mum asked me to get dad to bring AN home today right after school.

I'm contemplating not calling him. I'd rather he rest too..Both of them! I hope he doesn't tell mum off should he find out I'm bringing AN home today on my own.

And I pray the Lord will spare my family the agony of going through stomach flu. The kids are still fine but if it really is what I think it is, may the Lord have mercy on them!

No comments:

Post a Comment