Thursday, August 18, 2011

So sweet of gong gong

Dad helped bring AN home after school yesterday and before he did, he went to Compasspoint to get 2 hotdog buns for her.

Dad doesn't go to Compasspoint if he didn't have to. He commented that he didn't like eating there. My dad doesn't shop. So, the only reason for him to be there would be, to get us dinner (should his suggestion to getting food from the few of his favorite coffees shops fail to go through).

That's how much he will go for AN.

Dad is getting old, and i think easily tired because he's old. Times when I think he grumbles about mum making a mess in the kitchen when she cooks for us and he has to clean up, I assume he's selfish because he nags about packing food instead. Mum hates it when he behaves like that.

It's a pity she doesn't get to see that my dad can also be a loving gong gong. To us, Compasspoint is another place to hangout. It's an extra mile to him but he would go that distance for AN, and for me, by bringing her home so I didn't have to.

Compare that to "Too bad I stay too far from you..." and immediately under the same breath, "I'm waiting to receive a call from my friend and then I'll go out." Who cares if we are sick and would appreciate a little help, although we won't die coz we don't really NEED her since she's not willing.

I wonder why my mum will travel across the island from SENGKANG to Redhill on her own to get us dinner some days, just because AN loves prata and she thinks the prata there taste good, or because the kway chap there is yummy.

Will someone else do it for us? She's frank and said she wouldnt go that far to pack food for the family because it's needless, more so if she has to take a bus because she HATES to take buses. But she said she will travel to have good food (read: expensive hotel buffets) and she enjoys such dining experiences with her friends.

Why am I always upset when MIL comes to mind? Because I can't help being reminded about how she gets things her way, all the time, even when she only came for a month to stay with us in Tucson, twice. Even when I protested. The dowager wants, the dowager gets. Run run run as far as we can....

I guess I just have problems with hypocrisy and self righteousness. And her expectation of others far far exceeding her expectation of herself, if she ever expects anything of herself. Only 2 of such kind I personally know: an ex-colleague I used to grumble about, and her.

Ain't I glad I am not one who can bravely stand up and oppose her? Or maybe raise my voice at her in disagreement instead of hide in the room of my own house to write away furiously, words that I wish I dare tell her. Is my cowardice good, or is it not?


How did I come to this....I was talking about my dad.

Anyway, I'm back at my parents' place. I enjoyed the day with the kids at our own place yesterday, getting busy with preparing food for them, clearing the mess (little stuff AN overlooked after she packed up her own toys when she was done playing), magic-kleening the floor so ER wouldn't pick up anything dirty as he crawled, and all other housework. I felt useful. Hehe.

It's Thursday today, and HI! Friday, I see you too! Time pass real quick. It's going to be weekend soon. I love weekends. I've learnt to stay blank when faced with unnecessary comments by MIL and do the complaining later on my blog. Why should I let her spoil my weekend, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment