Sunday, August 14, 2011

Mum is best. Even my dad is better than her.

Had told her countless of times not to leave sweet things unattended but she never bothers to remember.

She came to our place late on Friday night after we have all turned in, if not for AN who woke up craving for milk. Mr Liow was down with diarrhea on Friday and was nauseous as well. He took a Diamanate and went to sleep earlier. I don't know if he told his mum we would appreciate a little help here but apparently, if he did, she could be bothered much. This time, she has a good excuse: they have no helper now so she has to settle the nieces. The nieces, oldest one already 13, is ONLY LEARNING TO WASH DISHES NOW. But of course. Even granny leaves dishes for the helper to wash.... Talk about leading by example.

Back to inviting ant. She left a bottle of cough syrup standing on the table. By the time I saw it, there were already hundreds of ants happily licking off the bottle. Normally, if it was my parents, the bottle wouldn't have traces of the sweet syrup anywhere else other than INSIDE the bottle. Hers, she never bothers to wipe remnants that drip down the tip. She can put the bottle back into the fridge with the bottle feeling sticky. Does anyone need to be taught that sweet things invite ants? I always have to clean up my fridge after her because she has a wierd sense of tidiness: she can live with stains in the fridge and LEAVE stains in the fridge.

I told her about the ants that came for her syrup and she cluelessly asked: "how come your place so much ants?"

Maybe because.... THEY LIKE SWEET THINGS?????

While we were discussing this, I found a spoon coated with sugar in the sink and promptly reminded her not to leave SWEET THINGS LYING ARIUND! is it that hard to wash a spoon coated with sugar right after use instead of leaving it in the sink??? I washed it. All the spoon needed was a quick rub and rinse under running tap coz it wasn't oily. Is it that hard? And she wonders why there are ants in my house now?? All thanks to her coffeestains, dropping sugar, leaving sweet bread uncovered on the table...by the time anyone of us notice anything, the ants are already gathered!

That's about ants.

So, she made porridge for us. A big pot of it. I thought it was too much but she insisted it was just nice. But she added:"It's cod fish. Very expensive, so don't waste." My appetite is as big as my stomach can take. Mr Liow had diarrhea the day before and couldn't eat much. I told her these and she went ahead to make so much, after telling me: "I'm meeting my friends for lunch."

Porridge for 2 adults and a preschooler but portioned for 5 adults. She thinks it is just nice....? She tells me not to let the food go to waste. What did she mean? That I should finish the whole pot because she couldn't be wrong in her estimation? I understand it's not easy cooking for 2 adults but one doesn't need to cook for 5 to feed 2. Or maybe she can eat at home so that food won't go to waste like she would hated it to, no?

And while she cooked, she emphasized: "too bad I don't stay near or else I'll come help you. I'm waiting for a call. I wonder what time they are meeting me for lunch."

She's already here in our house but was waiting to go out. Would she come to help us even if she stayed near us??? She would rather go out than help us even when she's here!! Hypocrite or what??

I don't need her help. Much less these "see-what-a-good-mum-I-am" hallucinating words she's saying to make me believe she is.

She used to stay at Tampines and Mr Liow had to fetch her here every weekend. She wouldn't come unless there was a chauffeur. What more now with no chauffeur? She would come to help us??? Wow! She would! How nice of her!

Every weekends, we try to include her in our lunch, bring her out and we made it a point subconsciously, to dine with her on Sundays. Even if I meet the girls, we would rush back for her.

But we are only her backup plans. She would only join us if her friends doesn't have time for her. This is only one classic example I had shown earlier. She would rather go out than help us out at home but had porridge afterall because somehow she didn't hear from her friend, and left after her friend got hold of her.

How about last weekend when the kids were sick but she also went ahead with a coffee appointment instead of helping like she said she would if she stayed near us? She DIDN'T, even when she was staying WITH us!

No, we don't need her help. And we don't need her to think so highly of herself either. This is no desert. There's no mirage. No excuse for hallucinations, is there?

I hope I offer real help and not just passing comments in future when I grow old.

Mum is best! My own.

No comments:

Post a Comment