Friday, August 12, 2011

Stomach Flu?

For the N-th time in my life, I was hit with something that made me throw up violently. And I had watery stools so many times that my stools transparent, like pee.

Saw a doctor, got a jab which was supposed to stop the vomitting but it made me so drowsy I was nauseous because of the giddiness.

Mr Liow took me home after we saw the doctor and thank God my brother was home. He helped bring the kids back to us from my parents' place. It was chaos the whole evening and night because ER kept crying for me. My parents were frustrated from all the crying, mum rocking him while dad packed dinner for Mr Liow and they couldnt communicate well with ER's endless bawling.

Back home, Mr Liow had to tend to both kids. AN was so sweet....she didn't once come into the room because Mr Liow told her I needed to rest. While I was busy throwing up earlier, she was by my side, patting me on my back and assuring me that I'll be fine. My sweet baby...

I was a little better at some point and asked Mr Liow to bring ER in to nurse. That quietened him a little. I heard AN asking Mr Liow why she wasn't allowed to see mummy and ER was allowed to stay in the room with me.

At night, Mr Liow said she cried herself to sleep because she wanted me. She didn't kick up any fuss at all, just sobbed till she knocked out. She just wasn't used to not having me by her side at bedtime.

ER was worse. He didn't stop crying at all! The moment I stopped nursing him and Mr Liow took him out, he started bawling, and bawling. While AN sobbed herself to dreamland, Mr Liow was in the study reading to ER. The little one wasn't in the mood for stories, obviously, but Mr Liow persisted. Surprisingly, after a long while, the stories knocked him out. I guess partly coz the little one was tired after all the crying too.

I was dehydrated. The whole time inside the room, I felt thirsty but I wasn't supposed to drink because every bit of water would make me throw up. That was what I learnt from the doctor in Tucson but this doctor I saw said I could drink. Apparently, drinking water did make me throw something up. When I didn't drink, all that came out was foam. Disgusting right? My multitasking hubby, besides attending to the kids, were busy helping me throw bags of puke away.

And he made me drinks to keep me hydrated, as much as possible. I had a bottle of cold honey water, and a bottle of cold plain water by the side of my bed.

ER started crying for me again at about 2am (according to Mr Liow..I lost track of time) and I was feeling less giddy then, so I asked Mr Liow to bring him to me. My limbs were weak and I couldnt stand firm...

He nursed hungrily and didn't let go at all. When he finally did, he tossed around a little...and HE THREW UP A LOT OF MILK! I was so worried it was stomach flu I had and the worst that can happen was, me passing it to any of the kids! He threw up again at about 6am. But both of those times he threw up, he didn't appear uncomfortable. He regurgitated and slept on, seemingly unaware that something wasn't right.

Thank God he didn't throw up anymore after that, but he hardly had any appetite.

The next day, Mr Liow took a day leave to help me with ER while AN remained at my parents place after school. I took a pill for anti nausea and anti dizziness in the morning and that tiny little pill made me sleepy the whole day. "Diamente" is a familiar name.. I had that when we were on the flight to Tucson and every time we had to travel by plane during our 2 years in USA. AN got knocked out as a result of nursing while I was under the effect of Diamente. This drug is safe though. It was prescribed by Dr Henry then.

The whole day, ER and I were sleepy. We even had a 4 hour nap, uninterrupted!

During his waking hours, ER was super clingy. He would smile very very widely at me and every time someone attempted to carry him, or so much as just tried to, he would start screaming. The moment he was returned to me, he started tapping me excitedly and smiling loudly. So dear right? Mr Liow said he must have been traumatized on Wed night and each time on Thursday whenever he saw me, he would get excitedly. Like how u wanted to see someone so badly that when u finally meet, you just don't wish to leave,

I didn't suppose ER remembered Wed's events. But he was nonetheless super adorable. Hehe.

Even AN was more cooperative than usual on Thursday when we went to fetch her from my parents' place.

I'm really thankful for my parents and brother for helping out each time this happened. The first tine this happened, AN was only 11 months old. My parents came over to help immediately. Second time it happened, I was in my first trimester with ER. And now this again. I hate this feeling... :(

Of course, Mr Liow took up ny duties once home. He had to bear with the crying ER, AN's demands (but she had been very sweet this tine, trying hard not to insist on things Mr Liow couldn't do with or for her), taking care of me, and packing up mess after both kids knocked out.

I hope this doesn't happen again...:( and the doctor has no explanation to what that was...hmm...

P.s. I lost 2kg worth of water and my pee was almost orange in colourful. Weight is now 42.4kg, lowest ever in my life. Good way to get back in shape huh?? Hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment