Wednesday, August 10, 2011

New Phone. Soon.

My Samsung Beam was starting to act up again. The projector randomly decides to only show us the Samsung logo instead of what we want to see, hangs a lot, and finally force-closes. I couldn't even use the phone function in the end.

Warranty expires September, and this is the 3rd time I have problems with this model. Not to forget, this is a new phone they replaced my old one with, because they did not have parts (or they probably lied about it, because they first told me my phone was ready for collection when I called in).

At the service center today, Mr Liow was about to request for a new replacement because this phone acts up every 3 months or so. I'll be 'phoneless' if it dies after my warranty expires. I didn't think they would agree to that sort of request.

BUT

We didn't even need to ask. The supervisor came out to explain to us that Samsung is no longer producing parts for Beam (and even production of the set itself had already ceased) and tried to talk us into accepting the latest Galaxy SII as a replacement.

Mr Liow and I looked at each other and almost burst out laughing. I could almost hear him sneering at me through his cheeky grin: "I thought you said this is an impossible and unreasonable request?"

The supervisor went on to explain that the SII comes with the latest android version 3.3, fastest phone with dual core processor, bigger and better screen etc.

We already know. Mr Liow suggested this morning before we came to Samsung, that we trade in this Beam after repairing it for the last time for an SII, or Iphone 5 (MIL was told by M1 staff that it's launching this Oct).

For the time being, they will reset my phone and I'll wait for 2-3 weeks for SII to be available.

I'm going to miss this phone. I really like the projector. AN too. We had been watching shows on the ceiling and once in a while, AN wakes up asking for some light and I'll project my minnie mouse wallpaper on the ceiling to cheer her up.

But the projector is the main problem of this phone. We were told many owners complain of grainy protected images. I've yet to encounter that.

It's a pity. I sure hope there will be another phone with a projector in future. But by then, AN will be older and probably doesn't want to snuggle up with me for shows anymore...

For now, I'm looking forward to receiving my new phone which seems to be very responsive when I explored the demo set. AN will get a projector phone in future and I will snuggle up with her whether she likes it or not. Hehe.

I like Android lah. It's more exciting than the Iphone, but seemingly less stable. I hope this latest version doesn't disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment