Monday, August 22, 2011

Missing Baileys

Found this half written post and decided to continue....

It's been 2 months. I wonder how they are doing.

Spent some time helping Mr Liow with his report last night till almost 2am. Baileys and Maen would usually be waiting outside.

After returning to the kids' room, I couldn't really go to sleep. Memories were keeping me awake.

I recalled how Baileys came home with us the first day. Mr Liow was so afraid of hurting fragile little Baileys and for the first time in his life, Mr Liow road hogged. He drove a normal speed with Maen, and even on our home after my stay at Mt.A with my newborn human babies. With B, he drove really really safe.

B was unsure upon reaching home. He inspected the place, trodded gingerly on the tiled floor, sniffed around and jumped at the little sound. I couldn't stop cuddling him and he welcomed that. And I sprung into action, ready to toilet train him. It didn't take long for him to realize cuddles feel good, and soon he knew where he had to do his business. He was trapped near the toilet before he was fully toilet trained while we were at work, but escaped one day, soon after he came home with us. When we saw him greeting us at the door, we were ready for a house of poop and pee, because he wasn't ready yet!

To our very pleasant surprise, the house was clean. He actually squeezed his way back in to do his business in the toilet! Smart boy!

We used to sleep together while Mr Liow worked in the room and we encountered our first tremor together as a family late one night! We carried him and ran down to wait till the tremors went away.

He chewed on corners of our furnitures and sofa during his first year.

He loved to sit between our laps and still did before he left us.

I missed his face, his constantly being near, his smell....I missed calling his name, I missed his footsteps. I missed running my hands over his bony body frame, missed trimming his nails while he rested on my laps...people used to advise me to trim his nails while he was awake since he was a puppy because otherwise, by the time he grew older and stronger and not so sleepy anymore, he wouldn't allow me to trim his nails.

That didn't happen. He still sleeps till the last time I trimmed his nails before he left. And he allowed me to trim his paw fur with the wahl shaver since the very first time without any struggle...someone said he must have trusted me a lot because the noise startle some dogs and it takes a little getting used to the feeling on their paws...He trusted me but I failed him.

I remember how he started to mark the house after AN came. He marked the vacuum cleaner, the broom, marked corners and several other spots. But he was never mean to AN the newborn. He grew with her and loved her. She grew up loving their presence and could stop lying on them. Baileys would simply walk away when he didn't enjoy being laid on. She would forcefully hug him and he'd just try to escape or if she caught him, he'd resign to fate and sit still. I'd warn baby AN that he'd bite her if he felt threatened but I didn't feel like I was describing him at all. He never did, no matter how over affectionate AN was with him.

Up till his last encounter with ER, he was never aggressive. In fact, he had gotten the chance to 'taste' the new boy on the block.

I wonder how he's doing now. I wonder what he's doing now. I wonder if he misses the kids. I wonder if he prefers his new buddy or misses Maen the irritating little silly girl...I wonder if....

No comments:

Post a Comment