Monday, August 22, 2011

On the Move






It was a long day yesterday.

AN had her music class at 11am so we had to leave home by 10.15 am.

Then it was baby Caleb's 1st month baby shower at Singapore Poly. Woke up early to prepare ER's porridge so while we had a variety of yummy food, he had only porridge with fish and eggplant (made with chicken stock, and I had started adding garlic in his food. I somewhat suspect he likes garlic because his growth spurt started about when I started adding garlic to his food). That's about all he is supposed to have anyway (baby-type of food) Hehe.

It makes me happy to see him eating. For the past few days, he had been eating really well. Mr Liow said it's his growth spurt. Seems like it.

Was supposed to meet the girls after that but was told YH's grandma passed away on Saturday. The ministry arranged to go pay his family a visit so we decided to be there as well.

We weren't appropriately dressed for a funeral, so Mr Liow went home to get AN and I something else to change into while we stayed inside the car. The kids were tired and fast asleep. Me too.

Next thing I knew, MIL was outside the car. Mr Liow would send her to MRT station. She didn't say anything to me and I had nothing to say to her.

Mum had taught me well since young and it's become a habit I greet people I meet (especially the elders). It wasn't easy for me to ignore her from the time she got into the car till she got off. She didn't say goodbye either, and I won't bother.

I don't think it's as important as she had always emphasized, to greet the elders. Mr Liow never greets my parents when he sees them, so why must she receive anything more?

It's unhealthy, my special ability to remember things I should forget. I've forgiven Mr Liow for being demeaning to both my parents when they were in Tucson, but those images of what happened could never go away. And I'm not ready to overlook how the empress gets special treatment more than she deserves.

Argh....enough of her!!! Why do I keep mentioning her??

Anyway, kids were tired, continued sleeping on the way to Yishun, then woke up in a daze when we reached. Had dinner (us and AN with the ministry) after that but nothing for poor ER coz I didn't expect to be out the whole day. If we had gone to meet the girls, I could go home to get food for ER before dinner with the empress. But I couldn't be bothered to suggest a dinner with her, this time especially....so 'poor' ER had yummy fish ball mee sua. He didn't behave like he was a poor soul though, because the mee sua really tastes good. (p.s: the fish ball noodle stall at Sembawang Shopping Center serves the best fish ball noodles in my opinion. Even their plain mee sua in soup tastes good! Let me not start mentioning their dried noodles with chilli. Sauce is good...*slurp*) I felt terribly guilty thinking of all the sodium he was having, even though the food tasted good.

Am going to make it up to him by giving him his healthy food again today.

I've not mentioned yet, that he loves cheese too. Hee. Another food that's high in sodium...got to do my maths and make sure he doesn't exceed the 1g when I feed him cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment