Tuesday, January 22, 2013

First Tooth's Journey Out

The loosened tooth since 18th December is finally out!

It's been extremely shaky the last couple of days and as recommended by online articles, I encouraged AN to constantly wriggle it.

Our chinese tradition was to pull it out with a string, stand with feet neatly next to each other, and throw tooth up (for teeth on lower jaw).

I'm done with old wives' tales but at this point, I think I'll let her throw the tooth tomorrow, just so she gets to experience what we did as kids. Hehe.

She was the one who removed her own tooth! My brave warrior princess....

She tasted blood, touched the tooth and saw blood. I got her to step up at loosening the tooth further. Move it like how she loosens lego pieces from each other.

It finally came off BUT was still hanging onto the gum by that bit of skin. There was more blood and she felt more pain.

I stood her in front of a mirror so that she could see it was already out. Took her a while of playing with the tooth using her tongue and lips before it totally detached from the gum.

Bleeding stopped after she bit on a gauze for a short while.

I was excited about this tooth loss, as much as I was with the eruption of it (this WAS her first tooth).

Another milestone.

I still had both Baileys and Maen's milk teeth in my little ceramic holder while we were in Tucson but it's nowhere to be found since the boxes reached Singapore 2 years ago.

:(

I'm going to treasure these new ones as best as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment