Thursday, January 10, 2013

Safety Hazard

I knew I'll be writing this post soon.

There's no grilles in the study room that she's occupying. So we've told her that the windows will have to be closed whenever she doesn't need them open.

Since she likes to sleep with fan and windows opened, I left the key to the windows for her.

We're worried, knowing how she thinks she's watchful but is not at all. But what can we do? Can't possibly deny her this simple request of sleeping with opened windows, right?

I passed her the key and specifically reminded her that ER attempted to step onto the little table so that he could reach high (for his own toddler reason. I don't see what he could be reaching for..)

She proudly replied: "Oh! Rest assured. I'm very careful. I'm also worried about children falling out of windows."

*roll eyes*

She just can't stop thinking so highly of herself, huh? Asking her to be watchful but instead of listening to advise, she put up her I-also-know-what-to-do line of defence.

As I passed by the room, I saw windows wide open. She left the door to the room open as well. But she was already not at home then. So inviting.

And so careful, huh?

Mr Liow saw it too.

Each time I tell her to be careful with how she holds and places sharp/ dangerous stuff, she'll question me: "Did I?"

Argh.........

Glad he was still around to be my witness before she starts assuming I'm making up stories..

With her around, I have to more than teach ER what not to do. I have to look into every corner to be sure he doesn't find something before I do......

Seriously, I havent met another grandma who has no such instinct of watching out for dangers....isn't it usually the grandmas who are particular about safety????

Why is this one staying with us creating danger???

No comments:

Post a Comment