Thursday, January 3, 2013

We Talked

I asked if his mum will keep to her word about finding a place to stay after CNY. He said he'll ask her.

Frankly, I didn't start off wanting to ask her to leave. In fact, I still do not. Only at times, I'm reminded of how selfish she is and how I really do not have to return kindness for selfishness.

I released my pent up unhappiness, like loose stool. We had a long talk.

And I feel better now, even though she still doesn't appear to be leaving until something happens that make her. She's even going to get a fan for herself (she doesn't like aircon...)

Like I told her, she can stay for as long as she wants, even if it's till the end of her tenancy agreement end of this year. She was the one who said she would find a place soon. And then she decided to stay. All decided within her and she didn't even bother to discuss with us.

All I ask for is respect. She is his mum and I'm not relieving ourselves of our duty towards her. But that doesn't give her rights to behave like a queen....

I don't know what she wants next. But having Mr Liow listen in and empathize with me in my position helped a whole lot.

He said he doesn't complain much about his mum (until he can take it no more), because he doesn't want to fuel my existing anger towards her behavior. Not because he agrees with her.

I told him that hearing him complain about her helps assure me that at least my hubby is normal. That he's not irrationally tolerating her nonsense like I perceive him to be when he doesn't seem bothered about how his mum behaves at times..

My tank is refueled. This should last me for a while. Thanks dear for listening and understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment