Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Selfish

Was giving AN a revision for her  Chinese spelling test and TV was on. MIL was sitting at the dining area, sms-ing (AS ALWAYS).

It was disturbing us and since no one was watching, I asked her if I could turn it off. She looked up from her phone, replied: "I'm listening to the TV." And went back to sms-ing.

HUH??!!

I could have insisted it was disturbing us and I will the next time. Just caught by surprise at her selfish answer to react sanely.

After revision, AN had to practice her music. I turned her volume louder than the TV so that both of us can hear her (cant be bothered to ask and wait for another selfish reply.)

She got up, sounded frustrated and commented: "So noisy.....", and then turned the TV off.

She'll be exceptionally selfish if she meant that AN was disturbing her "listening to the TV", won't she?

Maybe, she's not aware that AN needs to revise for a test or that she needs to practice her music.

Maybe, after nearly 3 months of staying here (and 2 years of staying over during weekends), she hasn't gotten used to lowering herself to commoner status.

Maybe she's just forgetful like he says.

Maybe I'm just not accommodating enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment