Thursday, September 19, 2013

Heartbroken? Part 2

Part 2
He refused school yesterday. . 

Miss Sue, AN's form teacher, is one of the teachers ER likes to mingle with. She brought him in crying as I left them. He wasn't happy leaving with her this time. 

I met her at the door in the afternoon when I went to pick them.

She said she spent a long time coaxing him. He refused to go join his classmates in the playroom during breakfast time. When it was time for Miss Sue to return to AN's classroom, Miss Angeline came to take him in and he willingly left with her. He bounced his way into the playroom happily.

Miss Sue jokingly complained that he bullied her.  Hehe. 

In our chat, she said he likes to play with that few kids. One of them was Ansa.

I was surprised to hear that and told her that he beat her on Monday! 

Miss Sue laughed and said children have this love-hate thing between them that lasts for no longer than an hour. 

She said that she heard ER tell Ansa few days ago: "I love you. I want you to be my girlfriend."

Ansa's reply was "I cannot love you. I can only love my mummy."

Omg. Sounds cute. 

But I think Miss Sue added in the "be my girlfriend" part. It has never in our conversation or shows they watch.I don't think the word "Girlfriend" is even in his vocabulary yet.

He probably told her he loves her (he's generous with his "I love you-s" when he's in a good mood.)

That leaves me wondering if he felt offended and because she refused to return his love, he didn't want her as a friend anymore. 

Hmm...

I asked him and he coldly replied: "Ansa is not my friend".

When I asked about Ayden, he smiled and acknowledged: "Yes! Ayden is my friend!". Rayden is a friend too when I asked. Just not Ansa.

Does he prefer to play with guys? It's going to be a few more months before he gets to join the boys in the bigger kid class :(

Sigh.....

One more child to decode. 

AN was MUCH milder (and behaved even better in school than at home). The only problem with her is that she is TOO talkative and constantly distracted.

I've come to realise that as much as I spend time talking to AN about boys, dating and marriage, I must not neglect ER too. 

There will come a time when he will have to handle rejection from new friends and girls.
I pray that he'll learn to take things in his stride. Like a man.

No comments:

Post a Comment