Thursday, September 19, 2013

Heartbroken? Part 1

Miss Suzanna informed me that ER beat a friend 3 times on separate occasions on Monday. Needles to say, I was mortified! 

She said he was probably tired and suggested I ask him why he did that. She said she didn't exactly see the commotion before he striked and didnt want to wrongly accuse him. I wanted to tell her that ER had complained about being beatened by Naja for a couple of weeks and that he probably picked up that behaviour in defense. 

But that is lousy explanation for being an attacker regardless.

I found out that it was the same classmates by the name of Ansa whom he laid hands his hands on., all the 3 mentioned times.

AN later corrected me when I told him good boys do not fight in class: Ansa is a girl. 

Why haven't I thought of that. He's the only boy in his class....

My son beat a girl.

*horror*

I had to keep reminding him constantly on Tuesday and yesterday that he's Superman. Superman is a hero who protects others. Reminded him too that if Ansa or whoever does something mean, he should let his teacher know. 

AN helped me show ER how a victim feels to beaten.  She pretended to cry when I hit her and then I asked ER: "Is jie jie in pain? Is she sad?"

He was empathetic and comforted my little actress.

Each time I asked him if it was right to beat anyone, he heroically replied that its bad.

He has in fact,  been very rough with AN the past few weeks himself, even as he disagreed with me going physical with AN.

I really hope it's a passing phase but I will not let that go without correction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment