Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Horror Story

It's been hazy this morning and while bringing the kids to school, we wondered if the Haze is back.

It didn't smell like the Haze. AN said it could be fire somewhere. Didn't smell like for either. Thank God!

On the way home after they safely reached school, I saw hundreds of construction workers waiting outside the half completed development beside ours. 2 fire rescue vehicles were parked across the road.

My heartbeat started racing in fear.

My brains said it didn't smell like fire. Or Haze.

My heart ached and I heard it pray that no one is trapped or hurt.

Our security uncle was watching the fire rescue team work.

Asked him what happened as I walked past. He smiled and said: "Fogging. Not fire."

Phew...........

"You are not the first to ask."

My heart was wrong. The brain was right. It didn't smell like fire. It was just mosquito homicide. (Just to update, there had been 6 case of dengue at our place and NEA made several trips here to check for stagnant water and on ignorant mosquito breeders).

As I walked home, this sight actually reminded me of winter! Paired with the cool weather this morning, it DOES feel like winter.

If this was really winter, how nice........

No comments:

Post a Comment