Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Reflection of the inner person

The past 2 secretaries of the lawyer handling our Parc Centros case had been rude to begin with but after a couple of conversations (I used to enjoy sounding friendly over the phone because I hated rude callers when I worked as a customer service officer), they loosened up.

This is the 3rd one today when I called. And just as rude as the first 2.

Months ago, I would try to make the conversation friendly with "please", "appreciate your help" and "you have a good day" (assuming that work sucks for them and kind words help brighten them up a little. Didn't used to take much effort. )

Today I responded attitude with attitude. I said my piece and hung up.

This world is this hateful. Everyone expects others to be nice and I used to be that sucker.

That sucker died.

No comments:

Post a Comment