Sunday, September 8, 2013

Potty Training: Almost There

ER is almost potty trained. 90% I'd say. And finally.

He was introduced to the potty as early as 18 months but I didn't put him on it very often. It was only during the nights that he got to sit on the potty. More of an introduction.

Along the way, I put him on it more. He sort of got it as days went by.  But with the shifting and that period when I was out the whole day studying in the library, he went prehistoric again. But he stayed dry during most nights except for some of those nights sieben he woke up  constantly asking to drink water. He's a water boy. He does wake up in the middle of the night to drink. Hehe. One of his cute habits.

Since last month, we had been putting him in underwear. He was so cute and went around showing off his underwear when he first had it on. After a few times of wetting his underwear and changing out of them that day, he got disappointed and defeatedly begged: "Ethan keep dirtying my underwear. Ethan don't want underwear anymore. I want my diapers."

That made me feel sorry for him and we assured him that was ok and I could wash the underwears.

It did get frustrating and we tried very hard not to show our frustration although I think he could feel it. His sweet jie jie would constantly remind us that he's learning and to not punish him. We have nointention of punishing him for this of course. Just that the frustration of cleaning up wet puddles so often each day and failing to catch him with full bladder does show on our face.

Yesterday was good! He started informing Mr Liow tat he needed to pee while AN and I were away.

It went on the whole day. He was dry at night. We went for a movie and he was dry throughout. This time is different and I think he finally got it. Because he almost peed a little in his underwear and was able to stop and hold while announcing that he needed to pee this morning. There is bladder control this time. And he's announcing it now. We do not have to catch him with a full bladder this time.

His pooping is still random he does inform is but not always. There are days when he would inform only after he's done and he would excitedly announced "yeah Ethan poop and Ethan tell mummy."

I feel terrible for him when he's excited about doing something right without realizing he got it wrong. My heart aches (because I picture people waiting to shame him for that mistake as he grows older. 我心痛.)

Anyway, we'll just work on that. He almost there already. Not a fast potty master but I'm still proud of him and excited!

I told him he's a big boy peeing like daddy now and he takes my word for it.

I was reminding AN to be more understanding towards what he isn't able to do very well yet because he's still little. ER heard and corrected me: "Ethan is not a little boy. Ethan a big boy already."

Aww..... he really has a way with melting my heart.

He even asked to see daddy's "birdie" during toilet time just now. Daddy said no.

Lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment