Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Baby Really Doesn't Eat


On good days, he eats SOMETHING. He no longer have meals. He has spoonfuls of this, bites of that. Total calories definitely do not exceed 300. Do they even add up to 150?

On bad days, he only drinks water and refuses EVERYTHING that tastes like anything else.

I've had experience with AN but this is not something I'd like to be good at; handling a fussy, or technically, an almost non-eating 16 months old. You can't imagine the frustration, unless you have one like both of mine...

:(

I'm desperate. So I'm now feeding him Honey Stars. Yes, sugar in the morning. What else can I inject into his stomach so that he doesn't faint from hunger?

I know, kids eat when they are hungry. But he NEVER really gets hungry. If he does, he grabs his water bottle. If I keep his bottle out of reach, he wants to latch.

And I think the notion of "kids eat when they are hungry", refers to KIDS, like AN after 3 years old. Because when I had to deal with fussy eating AN back then, I never saw her eat because of hunger. She was NEVER hungry. He is too, NEVER hungry.

How on earth did I get AN to start drinking milk? I'm gg to dig into my old blog to teach myself again. This boy walks about (unlike AN), shakes his head (did she do that when we first started?). He just refuses to be anywhere near his food.

And he can't chew gummies yet, even if he wants to (I don't think he even wants any). Liquid multivitamins means he had has to drink it, or eat it from his food. That's as good as not giving him any.

sigh....

Bear with it. It will pass in 2 years and 2 years pass in the blink of an eye.

(sounds like at joke at this point)

But it will pass. Look at AN. She's proof.

No comments:

Post a Comment