Tuesday, February 7, 2012

AN's First

AN reached another 'First'! Two of them in fact.

She was hungry and when she heard Mr Liow (who had no dinner and came home near 10pm last night) was going to make some (spicy) noodles for his 'dinner', she couldn't sleep.

I allowed her to go have some but didn't realize she had quite a lot of water too, because the noodles was spicy.

And she woke me up at 1.15am. She wet herself.

I wake her at 1.30am every night and occasionally at 4.30am too if she had milk or water before sleep (sometimes I let her sleep through because she seems to be holding her bladder well enough now!). The routine worked for us and for 3 weeks (before this), she stayed totally dry.

I was actually pleased that she woke up last night to tell me she wet herself. When we first started, she could continue sleeping without realizing the plastic mat was wet.

At 3.30am, she woke me up again. This time, she told me she needed to 'pass urine' (she's been using that instead of 'pee' since months back. Teachers probably taught her to label her this need in a more 'adult' way. I miss her telling me she needed to 'pee'...... But anyways....).

I brought her to the restroom. Lots of pee.

This post marks 2 new achievements:

1) Her improving intolerance towards a wet bed

2) The even more important ability to wake up on her own accord to 'pass urine'.

That's so cool. My daughter is so cool. Hehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment