Friday, February 3, 2012

ER drinks milk and learns to understand

I had been whining 2 days ago that ER doesn't want any other forms of milk except for BM, and only if it's fresh from the 'tap'.

Because of that, I still am not able to accept weekday jobs, unless Mr Liow is home.

With the approaching Hongkong trip, I'm starting to worry about nursing him too. He's not going to be eating enough. He takes an hour to eat on normal days and I don't know if we'll be spending hours on meals, much as I won't mind to. AN had hardly any food when we travelled. I'm benchmarking him against her (isn't he now starting to eat like her then?).

For the past week, I'm trying to get him used to milk: Soy (both freshly prepared ones and packet), formula and fresh.

He doesn't like soy and fresh milk (which he would drink off my cup a month ago). But this morning, he had AN's formula with milo (he also doesn't like his own...). I had to spoonfeed him but I really didn't mind. If it makes him drink, I won't even mind performing acrobatics for him.

On a positive note, AN took an hour to drink 60mls of milk when she started. ER took half hour to finish 80mls. And this is his first day having his own serving of milk (drinking mine didn't count because those were just sips).

Tried giving him the cup to drink from when I noticed his interest but staring into the cup made him lose that interest. Am going to try later once he's addicted. That's what we did with AN. Hope it works with him.

Ending this with a new achievement: his ability to understand and carry out instructions. He had been doing what we asked lately but not all the time. We noticed him improving over the days and that excites us even though this is our second experience :)

No comments:

Post a Comment