Sunday, May 8, 2011

Baileys and Maen: Erasing the Home

Was doing some light wiping around the house after I had to wipe away ants on the coffee table (all thanks to MIL who loves coffee but never remembers to wipe). There had been Maen's pawprints on the table which I told Mr Liow I'd wipe away with Detol (coz she jumps...jumped onto our table with pee-soaked paws) but I hadn't really made myself do it, till now... I had just erased part of Maen away...

While I was at it, I wiped dust off other surfaces...and along with dust, there were more fur. Housekeeping is harder this time because with each swipe, I'm taking away more and more of them...

All is not lost, yet. There are still fur in the corners of the kitchen. Will leave them there.

I see the door stopper that B never fails failed to pick up in his mouth as he parades paraded before us each time we return from outside. All it did today was lie lifessly on the floor.

I saw a Daddy Long Legs (spider) crawling safely across the hall. How lucky... Our pest control team had just been laid off yesterday.

I saw a piece of torn newspaper they stole from under the coffee table and shredded some days ago. The whole mess had been cleared that day. This stray piece which flew out from under the table reminded me of them.

Just done bugging Serene for updates on them again:
B lies by the glass and keeps staring out today. Looking outside has always been his habit but today, he's looking out without us by his side...

M appears to be adjusting well. She's enjoying herself snuggling with Serene's dad. This little charmer...

Serene's uncle will be going to have a look at them. The whole family loves dogs. Knowing that M now has laps to sit on (and B too when he's ready to sit on someone else's lap in time to come), attention from so many people and doggy customers, a home to go back to after Serene closes shop,we are more assured. They are in good hands.

She invited us to visit them whenever we are free. We will aim to do just that when time allows. Am so grateful to her and family for standing in the gap and giving them love, time and attention.

2 comments:

  1. I think the wiping away part is the saddest with the tiny reminders and all. Breaks my heart just by reading and imagining it happening to me. :'(
    Hope they'll go to a good family and enjoy the rest of their canine yrs with them. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jas, don't imagine. Don't even think about it at all! In fact, I'd suggest you skip the latest few posts about BM.

    It's not healthy to imagine that you will have to give M&M up one day because you are planting a seed of "what-if the day comes, maybe,,,". Please don't.

    Explore all you can and hang on to them. It's hard but workable..I don't know. I failed. Don't let become like me :(

    ReplyDelete