Thursday, May 26, 2011

One of Those Bad Days


Today's one of those days when AN just couldn't obey.

She pretended to be a bride wearing a gown with a long train and she used the blanket as the train, dragging it on the dusty floor.

Then she couldn't stop jumping on the sofa and around the house after dinner.

There were other incidences that followed, making the day worse as time passed.

Back home, she continued to do things her way and finally before she hit the pillow, she had to play while washing her hands and got water all over the basin.

"Please listen, Adrielle!" This is something I seemed to be telling her every hour or so for the past few days.

It feels worse today. Mr Liow noticed I looked tired. Guess I really was. I'm extremely right today. For all we know, I could be the one who had been misbehaving with my short temperedness today  and not AN who had been stubborn.

She's sleeping now but ER is still very fidgety. At this quiet moment (while ignoring the chatty baby), I finally have some time for myself to reflect on the struggle today. I could have been more patient. She had been stubborn today, but it was all harmless. She was playing pretend like she often does, made a little mess like little children make (moreover, water isn't hard to wipe dry), risked falling off the sofa or throwing up her dinner with all that jumping immediately after food etc.

I thought hard and realized non of her behavior that got to me were behavioral misconduct (tantrums, rudeness etc). She had been behaving. She only decided to not obey because she wanted to play. She's behaving like she is 4 years old, and she really is.

It took a while for me to rewind the day's events and notice AN trying to be good. She wanted to use markers to color on papers but markers leave marks on her hands. She used crayons instead, because she noticed my grumpy face after I told her no and she tried to reason with me why markers are ok. She wanted milo but settled for milk at my mum's place (she could hv kicked up a fuss because I didn't tell her she was getting milk when she expected milo, but she didn't kick up a fuss), politely went "yes mum" when I reminded her to listen to us and tried to obey whenever she remembered my reminder.

Really, some days are bad, not because AN is bad. I just lack self control on these bad days.

No comments:

Post a Comment