Sunday, May 8, 2011

Baileys and Maen: Getting By

I pass by the toilet on my way in and out of our room tens of times whenever we are home since separated from the furkids, and instinctively, I will turn to look into the toilet to check if I need to clear the papers.

There were no papers in the toilet. The toilet looks like a toilet of a 'normal' household and holds no previous scents of the furkids. You won't know the toilet used to be theirs. For the first time in 6 years (minus the 2 confinement months and 2 years in Tucson), Mr Liow had his shower in the toilet which also happens to be our common shower room. He asked if I wanted to shower there. I couldn't...not yet.

I went into the kitchen this morning. No hungry K9s excitedly chasing me. No food and water bowls. No kibble container. No doggie scent from a night of closed windows.

No Baileys and Maen.

Brought the kids swimming (effectively, only AN went into the water with Mr Liow). Got home and while opening the door and expecting happy furkids greeting us with wagging tails, there happen to be none. Floor was clean, don't have to mop wince yesterday.

But no Baileys. And no Maen.

I want to smell them but apparently, this house has forgotten them faster than we humans have. We smell no dog odor, smell no dried poop left on papers, and smell no Baileys, no Maen. I can't sniff into anywhere to have them as close to me as possible.

It was to my surprise when I spoke of them and Mr Liow started sobbing on our way to Pet Instinct in the afternoon yesterday. And he was teary-eyed whole of yesterday. No one said a word about the furkids so that we do not cause anyone to burst into tears.

The Singapore Election broadcast happens to be a perfect way to take our mind off the emptiness for that few hours.

Helped AN with her craftwork using tiny beads this morning. We did the craftwork on the floor and left the tools on the floor for the few hours that we left home for the swim. Nothing was eaten up.

We didn't need to throw plastic chairs on the sofa before we left home and remove them after reaching. There were many things we had to get used to NOT doing.

And we had to get used to no Baileys and Maen.

No comments:

Post a Comment