Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Baileys and Maen: Keeping Them Alive

I don't want them out of sight and soon, out of mind. I'm glad Mr Liow decided to keep their bed. Before sleeping last night, I went near and saw scratches on it: Maen's doing. She loves to scratch her bed well before it's good enough for her to lie on. I saw Bailys looking at me. He was looking at me and wagging. I heard the 'thud thud thud' sound of his tail hitting their bed.

This morning while helping AN at the toilet, I saw a cOckroach scampering along the wall. That was Baileys and Maen's territory...To the scampering cockroach: you would have been swimming in Baileys' stomach in pieces if you came 3 days ago. Typical case of mice coming out to play when the cats are away. In our case, these insects seem happy that our patrol unit is no longer in service... but it's ok. I can now bring out all those poison without having to worry about poisoning my babies.... Try appearing again if u dare..

I missed telling BM to go to sleep. Mr Liow too. He did the usual "Sleep" command on Sunday night to no one in particular before he came into the room with us. That is was a routine for the furkids to recognize that it is was bedtime and no more playing.

The whole drawer full of their grooming tools is still full. I wanted to clear it out last night after the humans slept but....I'll leave it to some other day. There's their nail clipper which had been with us from the day Baileys came. M NOT going to dump this...in case they come back.

Their slicker brushes (of different sizes and types and even a new one which I've not even opened up) were lying side by side...ear wash, tearstain remover, Wahl fur shaver, the scissors I used to trim their growing fur...

I miss them.

Baileys, Maen, mummy misses you. Can you feel it? We should have many more good years ahead. There are so many things we bought for you that are still unopened. Besides the Plush Puppy that we packed and brought to Auntie Serene, you still have a gallon each of your EPO Isle of Dogs... Guess these new stuff will be used on you when you get to your new home.

We never thought these new tools will signify new beginnings for you...I'm keeping the old ones in case you come back.

Daddy misses you, Baileys. He is still not able to speak about you without tears welling up along his waterline yet.

For once, I can't bear to wipe away the saliva stains on our mirrors, glass and windows that both of you left when you looked out.

It's been only 4 days but felt like you've left us for a long time. I'm seriously not used to the house being neat like it is now.. I'm still leaving things up on the dining table, out of your reach, I'm still tip toeing when I go to the toilet to avoid stepping on your pee stains, I'm still turning to see if you peed or pooped, still going into the kitchen to see if your water bowls are empty. I see both of you on your bed.

I will never forget your eyes, both of yours. How can I ever forget you, at all?? I don't ever want to.

I will call out your names still. I will continue to see images of you on your bed, in the kitchen drinking water, walking with me everywhere I go.

I miss you both so much....

2 comments:

  1. Totally understand how u feel now. Frankly speaking I'm still grieving over Cocoa's passing on. I scrapped his fur from his bed and kept it in a little ziplock bag. His bed remained at the same corner for 3 months before we unwillingly moved it away to prepare the baby room. Til today I still have an empty spot in my heart just for him and nothing else.

    Though our situations are different, BM is still around and awaiting for a gd home to go to, but I know that kind of awful feeling without them around. Well at least it's comforting to know that Serene is taking gd care of them at the moment :-)

    Jiayou gal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's the only comfort, knowing they are well taken care of now. If they were still home, all that happens everyday is them waiting for us to come back late every night and watching us go into the room rightaway because it's sleeping time for the kids...

    Both ways cut :(

    ReplyDelete