Saturday, May 28, 2011

ER's Milestone

Time to update on ER's progress.

He's 8 months old now. By this age, AN was able to push herself from lying position to sitting herself up and she was rocking on fours. But he's not AN.

He's progressing differently. He's pushing himself to get around. And he does that effectively. Whatever he sets his eyes on, he kicks himself forward or around and gets it. Like his elder sis, he has this thing for remote controllers.

He's not sitting himself up yet. But he's standing, and rather steadily. He kicks and moves towards the edge of the sofa, pushes himself up and then stands. He can remain in that position, leaning onto whatever is holding him and he starts ransacking whatever is behind the sofa.

In fact, I have seen him cruising these few days, holding onto the side of the sofa and shifting along.

As for his eating, he's still eating very little. There are times he takes more mouthfuls than others but it's EXTREMELY little food he's getting each day. He's still solely on milk and I'm glad there's nothing wrong with it. I'm just worried he'll not eat well, just like AN used to be. Saw Karen asking if 1 tbsp each of 2 vege and 1 cereal is ok for her 6 months Ash. I'm so envious, coz ER barely finishes 1 tbsp of cereals OR vege, or a combi of such food.

I've seen clips of babies eating and they open their mouth wide for food..ER doesn't :( I feel my nightmare starting all over again..

Everything seems to be challenging. From ER's feeding, to AN's stubbornness lately, to my own short temperedness...

I want to enjoy life. I know I can. I know this is what I want. I will survive this down period. This will pass. All bad things will come to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment