Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Round Two, FIGHT!


I think it's in their genes. Both AN and ER are to start off disliking food.

AN was not that hard to feed till she was abt 16months or so.

ER is already not enjoying food at almost 8 months. Guess I've yet to find him a 'favorite' yet.

Doesn't help when someone goes "so and so's daughter loves to eat and eats a lot."

Makes me wonder why both of mine do not love to eat. Please don't tell me they don't like my cooking. It's pureed veg or fruits and cereals, sometimes mushy pieces or creamy textures.

Soon, that same someone will insensitively tell me like she used to when AN was fussy: "I dint think she likes your cooking."

It's going to start all over again.

If he takes after AN, he'll start eating at 3 and half years. That's almost 3 more years to go.

Who said boys are easier to feed? Why not mine??

3 comments:

  1. Oh my! My girl is hard to feed too, started at 10 mths old. I feel so discouraged sometimes... is it my cooking?? Look forward to the day when she loves to eat...

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's not your cooking. Don't believe whoever tells u it's coz she doesn't like your cooking. all they ever had since birth was milk, then unseasoned REAL food. They do not know how salt or sugar taste like, altho they may develope preference for certain taste (natural taste!) later on.

    This fussyness is very very frustrating. I totally understand. AN seemed to never will enjoy eating. Everytime I cook, the evil voice will tell me my efforts would b in vain.

    But she's eating now at 4 yr old. Finally.

    Don't stop making fun meals for her. There may be something that's gg to make heer eat (be it cutting some food into cute shapes, experimenting with tastes, offering weird food like olives, or adding salad dressing to some food etc). U may be surprised by food she accepts. Like AN rather have.laksa instead of porridge, kang kong with the chili instead of the washed ones, and she actually likes olives...

    Jia you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to add, the laksa and chilli started later when she knew how to ask for our food instead of hers. Expose her gradually ya?

    ReplyDelete