Thursday, May 19, 2011

I Killed a Cockroach


I was in the kitchen preparing supper  for Mr Liow when I felt something run across my left foot. I highly suspected it was a cockroach, freaked out and ran back to Mr Liow for help. If B or M was around, this would never have happened. Neither of them will allow any crawling creature to thread the same ground as them, let alone run across my foot...

Mr Liow combed the kitchen on my request but found nothing. I made him noodles while he waited with me in the kitchen, just in case the cockroach came back...I'm always the one who spots these pests. It was me at my parents' before marriage  and still me at our own place after we got married.

I'm the target of these bullies. Mr Liow joked that they want to make contact with me. I think they are planning an abduction.

I couldn't sleep. From midnight since my encounter with IT till 2.45am, I was wide awake. I have feared for as long as I'm living, these more than supernatural, paranormal, spiritual beings.... *shivers*

So that I can function tomorrow, I decided to visit the toilet a last time before tucking in.

Something tells me I would meet a cockroach, whether or not it would the same one in the kitchen. My intuition had never been more accurate: I saw IT on the wall beside the opened door and if it escaped, my kids sleeping just 2 steps away would be at risk, of having IT crawl onto any of them!

For the sake of my children, I shut myself in the restroom with the cockroach for a fair battle. Obviously, I won. I used a new roll of toilet paper and with all my strength, plopped it on the cockroach, 4 times.

This cockroach was so hardy. I expected it to die the first time, with the power and courage I never knew I had to run after it. Even after the 4th time I hit it , its legs were still moving. I had to swallow my saliva to prevent myself from screaming as I picked it up with thick pieces of toilet paper before flushing it down the toilet bowl.

To be honest, if this cockroach was the one from the kitchen, it did deserve some respect, coz distance from my kitchen to the restroom in my masterbed room measures from Fernvale to Compasspoint with a right turn...in human measurements.

The hair on my arms and legs are still standing as I'm making this post.

It's one cockroach down. Where did all these cockroaches come from?? How many of them are still around??

For the sake of my children, I'll have to be brave. I will be brave.

Thank God these are not lizards...

I've a feeling I'll have nightmares after I end off. Time to sleep, finally...


No comments:

Post a Comment