Saturday, September 3, 2011

"Bad Girl"

Brought AN to the playground this morning coz the weather was good. There were 2 other little girls there with their guardians (one of the girl's grandma was chatting with another lady). Those girls were about AN's age, or maybe a year younger. No dashing kids and toddlers, so AN can play safely.

AN climbed around as I kept watch over her from the ground. Since young, she had this habit of waiting for kids at the bottom of the slide to move away before she slides off.

I was watching her wait for one little girl at the bottom of the slide AN was seated at when I heard an old lady scolding someone. I didn't think much of it till I noticed she was scolding AN! She was waving her finger at my girl saying: "You are so naughty! You cannot bully the little children!"

I looked at AN, AN looked back at me. I think AN didn't know she was being reprimanded. I then looked at the old lady again and she turned my direction asking: "Is that your daughter? She was looking at my grand daughter with eyes wide opened and wanted to kick her!" (眼睛大大粒地看着我的孙女)

Huh?

AN was at the top of the slope. The little girl was at the ground end. I hadn't once lost sight of AN and she definitely didn't attempt to kick the girl!

I defended her of course, and told that grandma that I had my eyes on her all the time and she did not behave as accused! She didn't even appear impatient, having to wait for the little girl. AN is not perfect but she will not hurt someone else...

And that accusation that AN was looking at her grandkid with big eyes made me almost burst out laughing.



AN has big eyes since birth, for goodness sake........!! She looks at everyone with eyes wide opened. What is so wrong with that?

My guess is, she was busy chatting and the moment she turned to look at her grandchild, she saw AN waiting at the top and assumed AN was going to slide down just to kick the little girl because AN has big eyes.

Does that make sense?

I couldn't stop feeling the injustice towards my little girl. How rude is that? You don't tell others' kids off, not when nothing happened and you aren't even sure what was going on. Maybe if she had kept her eyes on the girl and AN, she wouldn't have wronged someone else's child.

Then it started to make sense after that:
She put the little girl into the stroller and proceeded to leave the playground after she finished chatting with the other lady. They came my direction, near enough for me to catch her complaining to herself: "We can't go from here. It's too smoky." Then she directed the stroller to the right and angrily told herself again: "There's a big dog there! How can people bring dogs here?!" She frowned and stomped off the opposite direction.

I looked around and saw no smoke. The dog was on leash and was well behaved. And it was so far away from the playground. Why, can't people bring their dogs for walks?

I think she had a bad start to the morning and was grumpy.

Still, AN enjoyed herself. I'm glad she doesn't seem to realise she was getting a earful from a stranger for no reasons at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment