Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Moody


I'm constantly moody.

Hardly anything cheers me up now. Some of the stuff the kids do or (AN) says do make me smile but I hardly feel happy anymore.

I struggle to remain patient with AN, sometimes because of bad behaviours and habits but very often now because of my own negativity. I feel upset over little differences. One example: AN wanted to spread her blanket on her bed to lie on, and use her bedspread as blanket instead. After the switch, she decided her bedspread wasn't big enough to cover her from shoulder to toes, and asked me what to do. I asked her to let it be because she chose to do this. She asked to make changes between blanket and bedspread again, to which I got really frustrated (because it was almost 11pm and she wasn't done requesting for things!).

She could tell I was upset and asked me not to be angry. She then decided to live with her 'mistake'.

Time now is 11.20pm and she's still tossing around on her bed, whining and scratching because the bedspread wasn't comfy as a blanket and blanket not as comfy to lie on.

I tried my best to swallow the urge to scream the thousandth "SLEEP NOW ADRIELLE!" and allowed her to make herself comfortable. She appreciated by informing: "Mummy, I'm trying my best not to make you angry."

Sigh...

Why am I so negative about everything?

:(

No comments:

Post a Comment