Sunday, September 18, 2011

Love my kids



Every night during bedtime, the kids take a while to go to sleep. ER constantly gets up to look for AN and the jie jie keeps trying to get his attention. They just can't stop playing.

In case you picture them only playing together peacefully all the time, they don't. ER hurts AN accidentally quite a fair bit, sometimes so much that AN refuses to continue playing. It's usually least fun when jie jie is not very tolerant because she's cranky from lack of sleep.

It's cute wAtching them and frankly, if I didn't have to, I wouldn't stop them from playing. They get to disturb each other to their hearts' content during weekends when AN has no school.

ER has been really fascinated with my belly button lately. Just a while ago, this cheeky boy happened to sneeze into my belly and that produced a "fart" sound which activated AN's internal laughing gas. She couldn't stop giggling and her giggling made ER laugh. She wanted to blow into my belly like ER did. Although it was way past bedtime, I couldn't reject her. She started giggling after making that disgusting yet funny sound, and ER got so tickled by her that he laughed hard too. That was therapeutic. Hee. Their laughters were contagious.

I had to stop the 'game' and separated them coz AN had to wake early tomorrow. ER wasn't able to go to sleep and kept getting up to smile at AN who would entertain him anytime. I frowned at ER to show displeasure (but given a choice, I'd let them continue laughing). The super cute thing was, he would be smiling WIDELY when his eyes were on his giggling sister but frowned when he saw the fierce front I put up. He looked at AN, then me, then AN, and then me again, and his expression changed accordingly. Sooooo cute......

Finally, I had to do what I had to. I warned AN that if she still couldn't control her laughter, she'd have to sleep with Mr Liow. With the silence, ER fell asleep in minutes. She was fast asleep too, by the time I turned to look at her.

They will laugh till dawn if allowed to.

can't imagine I'm mum to 2 now. Being a mum is like riding on a rollercoaster. I'm laughing with them one minute and frowning the next.

Regardless, they are my flesh, my blood. I pray I'll be spared the torture of losing any before my time is up.

No comments:

Post a Comment