Tuesday, September 27, 2011

What's this?


ER had been baby-talking a lot for the past couple of months. These recent weeks, we sort of make out words like "mum", "dad", "papa" and "mum mum".

How do we tell "mum" and "mum mum" apart? This boy, when he's calling out to me (mum), either points at me, stretches out his arms towards me, or stares straight at me. When he's talking about food (mum mum), he goes chomp chomp chomp, opening and shutting his mouth. And he smiles (how I love his smiles. awww...)

This morning, my brother connected his ipad to the TV and when ER saw a big logo appear right in front of him on the TV, he pointed at it and sounded like he was asking: "What this?"

I thought it was cute that he sounded as if he knew what he was asking and didn't think Andy heard his blabbering the way I heard it but he did and asked if ER is talking already. He said he heard ER asking what that was.

2nd time ER said those words today, I was playing peekaboo with him using my finger. I stuck my finger out from under a chair and he stared seriously at it before letting out the "what this?"

Told my mum and again, we agreed it was coincidental. It had to be similar sounds he was making that sounded like those words.

And then, while mum was playing with him (he was messing up a pack of diapers), he found something hiding among the diapers that didn't look like a diaper. He held it up and asked my mum: "what this?"

It was freaky how he spoke those words 3 times today. Did he really say them? Or were they just sounds?

Was adorable though, and we answered him as though he really asked. One step nearer to being able to speak. Our boy is growing.

Baby, please slow down. I've not had enough of you and AN but your jie jie is already thinking of who she wants to marry...please don't grow up so fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment