Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Future


At this stage in both AN's and ER's lives, I wouldn't want another baby, yet.

With AN, I was fearful as a new mum and trying to grapple with new challenges as well as my loss of freedom, sleep and time. Babies scared me, till AN started to get increasingly independent, and ready to have a sibling to love. The amazement of life and growth made us decide to try for another.

Now, I will not want a third one yet (maybe not at all anymore for practical reasons), because I'm enjoying ER so much I am not ready to give up enjoying him further.

I don't have much time and attention left for AN (which probably explains why she sometimes does weird things to get my attention, or out of boredom). If no.3 comes now.......I dread more sacrifices I have to make at the expense of the little ones. I had already let Baileys and Maen down...

Will we have another one? We're still on the fence about this.

We have yet to settle her Primary One issues (join the alumni). In fact, I was wondering if she should attend the primary school just next to our block. That is so she doesn't have to wake up so early each day and waste extra time travelling.

But we hope the school she attends will teach Godly values, besides just academic. Nowhere in Sengkang is there a Christian school. Not that I know of. And even if there is, chances of getting in is minimum coz doing volunteer work with the clingy little tiger is near impossible, even if I'm not too late.

We entertained the thought of shifting nearer to Tampines. But we'll be financially stretched. Extremely.

Scary education system in Singapore isn't it?

I'd like to take the kids and run away. Hehe. We'll wait to see if Mr Liow's next posting is an overseas one.

No comments:

Post a Comment