Friday, September 9, 2011

Mooncakes!

I LOVE mooncakes but have not had any since we went to Tucson in 2008. Out of desperation then, we bravely bought from the oriental supermarket there (at Las Vegas during one of our trip there) and had the worst mooncake in our lives! The skin was thick and tough like biscuit, fillings rough and dry, and it was super sweet! There was a wierd smell, like leftover oil. That kept us from craving mooncakes for the next year.

And then we came back to Singapore, but ER chose to pop 2 days before Mooncake Festival and I wasn't allowed to have mooncakes during confinement.

I could only drool...

This year, I'm back with vengeance! This will not be all I'm having. I should have taken pictures of the mooncakes before I savoured them but ...... it didn't cross my mind till they're gone.

Soooooo satisfying!

Baked (all lotus paste, the one from Eu Ren Seng had Ginseng but it didn't taste much of Ginseng)


Snowskin (Durian, Black Sesame, Pandan, Green Tea. Black Sesame was BEST!)

No comments:

Post a Comment