Thursday, March 24, 2011

All in a Day (backdate to 23rd March, Wednesday)

6 Month Old Checkup
It's time for ER's 6 mth old jab!

Worried that I may forget his health booklet, I took it out and placed it on the study table this morning. Minutes later, while clearing the table of mess, I put the health booklet back. -_____-"

The result of it was, me forgetting to bring it for his vaccination.

There must be a corrupted sector in my brain memory.

Back to his jabs.

He got his 'cocktail' of 6-in-1 and Pneumococcal in 2 separate jabs on separate thighs, cried for 3 secs when Dr pierced his skin with the cocktail and 10 secs for the Pneumococcal as Dr Terrence Tan said he would.

Before the jabs, ER was checked if he met his developmental milestones. Thank God he's growing normally :)

He has what looks like a bruised spot beside his left eye which I had thought was just a bruise that will go away but its been weeks and it's still there. We asked Dr Tan and he said it could be either a pigment or mole. According to him, pigments may start surfacing months after birth. :(

We're keeping our fingers crossed that it's a stubborn bruise that will go away but also acknowledging the high possibility coz both Mr Liow and his dad have lots of moles on them. Just thankful that AN is spotless though and praying hard she stays this way.

Once done, he was given the rotavirus orally. This time, he swallowed everything unlike the first time when quite a portion of the liquid came out.

Not bad. No fever this time, thank God.

Paying Respect
It's a day before my FIL passed away on 24th Mar 2006. It seems my birthdays tend to be quite eventful after we got married.

First, my FIL left us 1 birthday after Mr Liow and I wedded (and 1 day before my b'day. Am I a jinx or what?) Then in 2007, I almost had to share the same birthdate as AN (who was only 34 weeks matured then). I spent my birthday that year, strapped to the CTG in Mt.A.

It was AN's first time in a temple. She innocently asked: "Whose house is this? It's so big!" Told her it's a place of worship for people who pray to different gods and we were there to visit her "yeye".

This time, we didn't have to hold joss sticks. Have I mentioned that I've renounced ancestral worshiping since I was in Sec 2 and have never held any tools of worship to anyone (not even to my grandma whom I so loved...) other than my Jesus.

I was made to, very very grudgingly (not because I do not respect my FIL. In fact, I would have, because I respected him as a father). But the Lord made me see that if my heart is right with Him, holding a joss stick is as simple as passing by a temple.

It's not so much of holding a joss stick that bothered me. It's being made to do it without being given the choice to. If she had not DECIDED for me that "it's ok because you are not praying to other gods" giving no minimum respect to my values, I'd still have paid respect with what I had to, for the sake of Mr Liow, and I'd have done it more willingly. I do all that I did for him even though I didn't like it. I wonder if he ever noticed them and if he did, whether he appreciates what I do, or was it just expected of me. Or does he see that I'm the one who is always unwilling to give in to the empress, even if I do because I never had a choice?

Nevermind. It doesn't bother me anymore. The last time he asked me what I was trying to imply, this last bit died too, along with the respect for her that died when she came to rule our lives, even when we escaped thousands of miles from her.

I will shut up, I will not show the kids how much I ha.... I will not be able to teach them forgiveness because if there is one thing the Lord wants from me, it's to let go of this. I can't let go because she keeps coming backwith behaviours that haunt me. I can't forgive just like she gets her way the whole time. Bondage, and how do I break free? I'm not interested to try, maybe.

I've not paid respect to my own grandma since she passed on. And I loved her more than I had loved anyone else then. More than I loved my parents.

Must make it a point to bring Mr Liow and the kids to pay respect to her.

Toys
After leaving the temple, we sent his mum and niece back to his sister's place, and then went to United Square. We had $500 worth of vouchers from our Delphin purchase and for the 3rd time, we went to the store to see what we can spend those vouchers on. Nothing much really that we are allowed to spend the vouchers on, unless we want to pay by cash (but we do not).

Ended up lugging 3 big bags of toys home. Those toys are so ridiculously priced that if not for those vouchers, we wouldn't have even stepped into the store. hehe. I think they actually target the ang mo expats who can spend as they wish.

I'm looking forward to weekends but at the same time, for some reasons, I am not. I have nothing much to look forward to now. What a life.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

3 comments:

  1. Yes...Delphin toys are ridiculously priced!!! I even got a $50 milk bottle from there because I don't know what to buy! Managed to get a stroller, a car seat and even a stokke blanket + throw in several toys. muahhahahaa I felt so rich, only on that day(with those vouchers).
    I wonder who will buy from there without those vouchers, I was told by a relative who went there on another occasion, and she saw customers paying cash for the strollers and toys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did u get a sling? The Monkey sling looks rather cool (although over priced too!). Might come in handy when u bring baby out. Free ur hands for other chores, be it at home or outside :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes yes...got the sling too. muahaha..that time we had $1200 worth of vouchers, so anyhow grab. lol

    ReplyDelete