Monday, March 28, 2011

BAck from Hospital

By 5 am this morning when I took her temperature again, she was 39.7C!!

That's is HOT!

Woke MR Liow up and we took her to Mt A. Fever is not uncommon but I'm not taking chances with fever THAT high. Another 0.3C and she'll hit 40C.

She woke up happily though. While Mr Liow was away to get his car, she somehow got woken up by the commotion outside her room as we hurried around preparing. She was smiley and talked about going to the hospital. Thank God the hospital is not a scary place for her. In fact, she appeared quite excited that we were going there so she could see a doctor. I know, extraordinary.

Her fever went down to 38.7C when we reached. The last dose of Ibuprofen was at 9pm last night.

Dr inspected her and found nothing serious. Lungs were clear, tummy was soft (no cramping), ears and nose were clear as well (except for the dried up blood stain from her nose bleed earlier). She's coughing a wee bit though.

Dr explained that the nose bleed is nothing to worry about, especially since hers stopped after a couple of minutes. It's not the complicated type of nose bleed (that still drips after 15mins and numerous attempts to stop it). He said it was very likely due to pressure that burst the fine vessels in there, likely due to the cough (but the cough just started and it was so mild as of now). It could also be from her picking her nose (bad hobby!).

We asked again to be assured that it's nothing big deal, like leukemia. Dr said it's not THAT sort of bleeding. She's ok, he said. And so we breathed better.

She's still feverish. The fever just won't go away. She woke Mr Liow up at 8am and Mr Liow took her temperature. She was 37.1C (her last Ibuprofen was at 6.06am in the hospital) but as I'm typing this now, she's past 38C again.

Can't give her Ibuprofen again till 6 hours later but I think I'll just give her paracetamol (even if it only lowers her temperature a little), because fever is good!! It just bothers me to see the temperature  past 38.5C). According to the nurse, Ibuprofen has side effects that cause pains in the stomach and even cases of gastric bleeding from long term usage. Sounds scary, and my baby doesn't need to go through that just to have her fever relieved.

And according to both her and the doctor, paracetamol can be given 1-4 hrs after Ibuprofen..but should I? hmm....I'll probably wait till noon to give that to her. She's behaving like her usual self, singing her own madeup songs loudly, asking to be read to, and even danced with Mr Liow for their Wii game.

Thank God. And we're praying the fever will go down on its own without much medicating, along with whatever virus or infection.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

2 comments:

  1. I used to have nose bleeds very often when I was a toddler, it was like almost a weekly affair until my mum brought me for TCM treatment to 'tiao' my body. Then the nose bleeding episodes never happen again. Hee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did a search online and it seems nose bleeding is not uncommon (not the serious type though). AN burst the blood vessels in her nose, and I hope that's all to it. Else, I'll take ur suggestion abt TCM. It is scary to see the amount of blood! Mr Liow almost fainted..:(

    ReplyDelete