Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Sick-s

Haven't expected myself to be having this little time to sit in front of the computer!

Mum took AN out coz Mr Liow has to work back in the office despite today being Saturday (no choice coz he's rushing something). Mum actually said she had something on today when I called last night, asking if I could go over to their place this morning with the kids. ER is sick and needy, and AN being 4 years old, will have lots of "can I do this" that I need someone to help me attend to.

And because mum loves this little girl (more than she loves me, but that doesn't mean she doesn't love me too. muahahah!), she made her way over to our place, waited for AN to wake up, and then took her out to the library and to Popular to get some books for her to do 'school work' on. AN still LOVES to do school work. Her teacher packed her exercise books back for us to go through with her and she had been insisting the whole night that her teacher allowed her to bring those books back because she had to finish EVERY single exercise.

That is not possible because there are so many left to be done! Unless the teacher is not sane.

I let her do some of those exercises though. Better than have her stare at the 'box' (television) right?

ER is now resting, and with AN out of the house. and MR Liow at work, I'm resting. I should be sleeping coz I had practically no sleep last night. Poor feverish ER kept waking up and whining in discomfort. At one point, I even had to bring him out of the room to walk him before he woke AN up, at about 4 am.

But I should not sleep now because there's a baby shower in the afternoon (which is like, now).  I'm waiting for Mr Liow to come back, join them for a bit and then leave before we pass anything to the one old baby boy.

Aww....babies.....

AN has sticky mucus (which I'm having fun pulling out from her nose) but appears alright otherwise. She said: "green and sticky mucus means I'm recovering!". That was what I told her after reading about signs of recovery some months ago.

ER is not having fever by now, but still leaking mucus and coughing as a result of his stuffy nose.

From the kids' room, I heard Mr Liow coughing the whole night too. Have I also mentioned my father is also sick? Same symptoms.

Maen has an appointment with the vet at 3.30pm later. Dr Chua will not be in. The pharmacist (nurse? receptionist? assistant?) said she will not be able to tell who will be seeing Maen this afternoon when I asked. But it doesn't matter. I don't think her ear can wait for Dr Chua to be around :(

The Lord must have His reasons for sustaining me through both rounds of virus attacks. I may probably fall sick at the end of it, and fall even more sick than any of them in the family. But I'm thankful that being well allows me to fully care for all of them (except my father whom we do not stay with. He still brought me lunch yesterday despite being unwell himself. I know, I have very wonderful parents! But it took me many many years to see beyond rivalry with my brother for attention and always thinking they favor him).

ER will recover. It's Maen I'm worried about. She managed to wriggle her way out of her e-collar.

&*^$)&*#@)%$&@

Pray that it's nothing too serious :( She can still hear. This I'm sure, because she was the first to appear when I opened up their food bank for their breakfast, and she barked at the karang guni man who was such a nuisance early in the morning.

What went wrong....? :(

No comments:

Post a Comment