Thursday, March 10, 2011

Preparing for the FEEDING

AN's eating habit has improved greatly since school started. She mostly finishes what we give her now and even if she doesn't, she will ask for food shortly after. And even though she's still petite, she's less bony than before, and she's got that tiny little tummy to boast about now!

ER will be 6 months old in 10 days! It's time for semi solids again! It's "again" for me because I thought we just did that with AN, but no. It was more than 3 years ago! ER sure does look very interested in food. Each time he watches us eat, he watches intently, and his tongue starts traveling while he drools (he drools a lot more than AN used to, even in the absence of food).

To prepare for THE day, I got him rice cereals. AN started off with rice cereals too, before proceeding to pureed vegetables. I'm going to give him what I used to give AN. She's a vegetable lover, and I've been told many kids hate vegetables (my brother, for one, hated vegetables for as long as I can remember and he still doesn't take much of that, at age 31 now).

So, if giving pureed vegetables from the start was what helped AN enjoy eating the variety of vegetables now, I hope by doing this same thing of starting him on pureed vegetable, it will help ER enjoy eating vegetables for the rest of his life too.

Dark green leafy vegetables for iron, just what is essential now that they are taking less milk with the addition of food now. Plain porridge is not enough.

I'm no nutritionist though.

Got to do more research again (and thankfully we did not chuck our Superfoods For Baby out of sight).

This is going to be fun! Keeping my fingers crossed that ER will enjoy food more than AN does so that I don't have to go through that fussy eating stage all over again.

*cross my fingers*

5 comments:

  1. Time flies! ER is starting semisolids! Btw will u b placing him in some sort of chair while feeding him? I'm v tempted to get a bumbo seat but scared my boy won't like it. Babies look so cute in it! My hb say waste of $$$ cos can at most use for a few mths.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got a booster seat for AN but she preferred her old highchair. So ER will be eating from the booster. I think the bumbo is adorable too! And best is, you don't need to stuff pillows to make sure baby sits properly in it. We were wondering which to get then! but true lor, can only use for a few mths, so we chose this one that needs pillows to help him sit for now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey guess what? We just rented a bumbo fr the toy rental club for $14+ per mth. My hub jus collected it this morn, we'll try out tonight hehe. Ayden's head is abt 90% stable now :-p

    ReplyDelete
  4. How was it?? He must have enjoyed sitting up and staring Barley in the face!!!! AN was elated the first time she 'met' the furkids face to face too. ER just stared blurly at them. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bumbo's not bad! Ayden can sit in it for abt 5 mins or so n play with us before he gets abit restless n start whining haha! Btw he seem oblivious to Barley's presence but more interested in colorful toys heh.

    ReplyDelete