Monday, March 28, 2011

A Day After

AN is still having fever :( it's been more than a day and her fever still seems a little on the high side.

I had been giving her paracetamol every 6 hourly since morning, ending with Ibuprofen for the night. Her temperature ranged from 37.1°c at is lowest, to 39.4°c just 15mins ago.

Why is it still so high?

She's hiding under the blanky now, telling me she feels "cold in my body but hot on my face".

Behaviour-wise, she was like any other day, just sleepy-er.

Lord, please keep her safe. Please make her virus go away. I do want to pray for the fever to leave but I know it's there for a purpose. Lord, please let the fever do what it was here for, and leave soon with the bad virus.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

4 comments:

  1. for fever more than 38.5, u can feed her
    0hrs- brufen
    3-para
    6-brufen
    9-para
    12-brufen

    ReplyDelete
  2. is tt too much medication? I use either one instead of concurrent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nope...this is how we treat high fevers which refused to go down and this method is dispensed by my dr boss.
    38.5 and below, u can give either one.
    but still, if u're not comfortable with the dosage, then just stick to what u've been doing all along. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the dosage though! It will come in handy for stubborn fevers! You are a missy?? That's good! You are equipped with sound medical knowledge for your own kiddo!!

    ReplyDelete