Sunday, March 27, 2011

Homecooked with Love

AN started asking to buy a birthday cake last evening. She had never been interested in cakes but kept nagging about it. I thought she was trying to be difficult and ignored her after telling her off.

Last night while lying in bed, the events of the day all linked up and I got what was going on.

Mum must have wanted to bring AN to Compass Point to get me a cake. And AN wanted the cake, not for herself!

True enough, she informed me that she will bring AN home from school today after a little shopping. I asked to join them but she insisted I should rest more while AN is away. Fine.

As my 1st surprise, Mum came to make me "Mee Sua" this morning, a Chinese tradition during birthdays. She told me she has to go pay some bills after I'm done eating.

I asked if she was going to get me a cake and she glared at me. Haha!

Hit the nail!

She said she told AN that they will go get me a cake after school today when I told her AN made noise over getting a cake last evening.

To think I was actually upset with AN! Bad bad mummy!

She did not defend herself when I asked her why she had to ask for the wrong things at the wrong time, and insisted on having a cake when she doesn't eat one.

Mum said she asked AN to keep it a secret from me.

So, mum's out of my place now, even though she maintained that she has to go pay bills by this afternoon.

Updated 27 Mar:
They did return with cakes for me. Mum chose a small, strawberry pudding-like cake that AN insisted I wouldn't like. She got mum to buy another one that she was sure I'd like. The one she chose had a princess picture.

I chose mum's coz I do prefer puddings. AN wasn't disappointed though. She got to have that princess cake.

Mum bought some nonya kueh too.

Mr liow was on course and returned home earlier.

It must be that I'm getting old. I didn't even remember my birthday was approaching till I received my first birthday greeting in FB.

And the day is over, just like any other day.

But I never fail to be thankful that I get to spend my special days with people I love.

Here are some pictures:

My cake


AN's cake

My girl and I

Our family, without ER

Mum and I (I look like her!)

AN posing with 'OUR' cakes

Homecooked Mee Sua


Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

5 comments:

  1. so sweet of AN!! Once again, Happy Belated Birthday!! Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, many many wonderful more days to come (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Judy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks gals!!

    The weekend is packed as usual, and then AN is now down with high fever that won't go away. She's not having any virus that we can SEE. It's attacking her though :( Poor thing.

    ReplyDelete